Read our job story of one of our valued customers from Bushy Hill Rd, Simsbury, CT.
Roofing Job Story at Bushy Hill Rd, Simsbury, CT:
The roof replacement on this Simsbury CT home was no ordinary project. In addition to a full roof replacement, the customer had previously decided to remove one of their large skylights and install new roofing over that area. Rhino-Back roofing was the perfect partner for the job. Our team of pro's was able to to remove the old skylight and match up roof decking to make it look like the skylight was never there.
In addition to the custom skylight solution this project included we installed:
- Decking: We inspected the decking or sheathing for quality. These are the boards attached to the roof rafters to cover the house under the roof shingles.
- Underlayment: We install several types of water protection. Ice and Water shield is a waterproof layer installed in between the roof decking and the roofing material.
- Flashing: In several areas we need to use flashing. Flashing is usually aluminum or lead metal pieces laid into certain areas and tie-ins of a roof, possibly around chimneys or other penetrations like pipes. Flashing helps direct water.
- Ventilation: Different types of roof ventilation or used in different applications. In this case it was ridge vent.
- The shingles that make up the outermost part of the roof were high quality ashalt architectural shingles.